I received this from one of babies, Monica – one of my many adopted children – I thought you all might enjoy it as well. Oh, and as far as #12 goes, I’ve never had your chili and I would put all three seasonings in it anyway…. so it not personnel…and #15 well, I’m not a fan of any football team, collage or high school, cause it has never made much sense to me why men would pile on top each other and then slap each others backsides when they get up. With that said!
Enjoy and have a wonderful week-end.
Listen up City Slickers!
1. Pull your droopy pants up. You look like an idiot…
2. Turn your cap right, your head isn’t crooked.
3. Let’s get this straight; it’s called a ‘dirt road.’ I drive a pickup truck because I want to. No matter how slow you drive, you’re going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out-of-the-way.
4. They are cattle. They’re live steaks. That’s why they smell funny to you. But they smell like money to us. Get over it. Don’t like it? I-80 goes east and west, I-55 goes north and south. Pick one.
5. So you have a $60,000 car. We’re impressed. We have $350,000 combines that are driven only 3 weeks a year.
6. So every person in rural Illinois waves. It’s called being friendly. Try to understand the concept.
7. If that cell phone rings while an 8-point buck and 3 does are coming in, we WILL shoot it out of your hand. You better hope you don’t have it up to your ear at the time.
8. Yeah, we eat tatters, gravy, beans and cornbread. You really want sushi and caviar? It’s available at Jim’s bait shop..
9. The ‘Opener’ refers to the first day of deer season. It’s religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of November.
10. We open doors for women. That is applied to all women, regardless of age.
11. No, there’s no ‘vegetarian special’ on the menu. Order steak. Or you can order the Chef’s Salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham & turkey.
12. When we fill out a table, there are three main dishes: meats, vegetables, and breads. We use three seasonings – salt, pepper, and ketchup. Oh, yeah… We don’t care what you folks in Cincinnati call that stuff you eat … IT AIN’T REAL CHILI!!
13. You bring ‘coke’ into my house, it better be brown, wet and served over ice.
14. You bring ‘Mary Jane’ into my house, she better be cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck, and have long hair.
15. College and high school football are as important here as the Cavs and the Knicks… and more fun to watch.
16. Yeah, we have golf courses. But don’t hit the water hazards — it spooks the fish.
17. Colleges? We have them all. We have State Universities, Community Colleges, and Vo-techs. They come outta there with an education plus a love for God and country, and they still wave at everybody when they come for the holidays.
18. Turn down that blasted car stereo! That thumpity-thump crap ain’t music, anyway.. We don’t want to hear it anymore than we want to see your boxers. Refer back to #1.
19. Four inches of snow isn’t a blizzard – it’s a flurry. Drive in it like you got some sense, and DON’T take all our bread, milk, and bleach from the grocery stores. This ain’t Alaska. Worst case you may have to live a whole day without croissants. The pickups with snowplows will have you out the next day.